Laurie,

I have bought dozens of bobbins from this seller and she is a wonderful dealer who always says that she relies on Springett's book in the description of each bobbin.

I have no complaints about her whatsoever.
David in Ballarat

There is a nice bone bobbin on ebay 220138516687 which is attributed to maker
David Haskins. The seller has several other bobbins up for sale attributed to
specific old makers. I just wrote to her asking how she could be so sure of
the maker, and she said that she's relying on the Springett book "Success to
the Lace Pillow". An excellent work, and I'm sure the Springetts have done
their work very well. I haven't looked in detail at their description, but I'm
sure the seller has. But I have a larger question.
Bobbins aren't signed and she seems to be guessing that this is a Haskins
bobbin based on the Springett book. Shouldn't this item, and similar ones, be
marked as 'in the style of Haskins', with the Springett book given as a
reference? Or something like that?  It may be a perfect attribution for all I
know, but then again it might be someone copying Haskins or a modern
reproduction - fakers can be extremely clever. Without a more specific
provinance, I don't see how this attribution can be listed.
I'd like opinions before writing to her again, or maybe even to Ebay
officials. This isn't the first seller that I have seen do this.
Thanks,
Laurie