Heather Toomer 'Lace - a guide to identification..........' page 143 -

'The manufacture of Valenciennes lace could not survive long after 1900 but the interest in antique laces at the turn of the century brought a curious revival. This was the return of laces with the complex snowy ground and sprinklings of point d'esprit. These are still made commercially to a limited extent and now sell under the name 'point de fee'.

Diana in Northants

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue Babbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:41 AM
Subject: [lace] Point de Fée


I am demonstrating at the Chicago Botanic Garden this weekend and had a query about some Point de Fée lace which one of the ladies had been given. I'm afraid I didn't have any knowledge of this lace. Can anyone give me some info on it?
Sue

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to