I don't particularly like winding bobbins, but a bobbin winder makes that task easier. I have not yet been able to make a square tally come out square <sigh>. I can do leaves kind of okay and haven't tried any other shape of tallies. But I'm still a beginner and still learning so there may be hope for me yet :-D

P.S. I'm a perpetual lurker  ;-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As I sit here yet again avoiding the final sewing of my current lace piece (the
first of two interlocked hearts, only 12 pairs for goodness sake!), I find
myself pondering on what aspect of bobbin lace people dislike the most.  I know
lacemakers who profess to dislike most - or even hate and avoid at all costs -
each of the following items.  As you will have gathered, I fit into the second
bunch though I am quite happy doing numbers 1 and 3.  So which category do you
fit in?  (Sorry needlelacers and tatters!)  Or is there something else that
should be on the list?  I will happily summarise the responses to the list in a
couple of weeks so feel free to answer privately.  There are no wrong answers

1) Winding bobbins
2) Final sewing together
3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

Over to you in eager anticipation :-)

Helen (in Vancouver, BC on the west coast of mainland Canada where it has been
a beautiful sunny day)

Ruth R. in OH