I bought the book 1 of gravenmoerse patterns this weekend and I want to make
them all NOW. I've found the prickings clear and some of the words easy to
translate, and feel confident that I can make the patterns "work" with my
knowledge of torchon and the general instructions at the back of the book.
But certainly first time around I'd like to make the patterns as the author
intended and wonder could one of you help with some of the terms in the
"techniques used"?
In particular

gesloten speldslag; and
knipschaar

assume that "linnenslag" means whole stitch or linen stich, but is this ctct
or ctc?
The instructions describe "Brussels Ground" - Is this the most usual
ground for this type of lace?

Is "rechte rand" a torchon type straight edge?
What is the Gravenmoerse way of doing picots? (knotted like Bayeux lace or
several twists like Bucks?)

Many thanks
Viv
Worcestershire UK