[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Scroll down to the ad for The Lace Reader. Click on "learn more".
I know nothing about the book, but was surprised to see the images of
lacemakers.
> --
> Doris O'Neill in Chicago area
>
I do know this book. It is Excellent! (I got an early reader edition)
It is about a family of women who go way back to the beginnings of
Salem. They are not witches, but Lace Readers. The story takes place in
the present day and focuses on a woman and her mother and grandmother.
The grandmother teaches lace to battered women as part of getting them
back to themselves.
The lace is really incidental to the story, but Brunonia Barry did a
wonderful job of incorperating it and got the details RIGHT!!!
If you like suspense and murder type mysteries, or even historical
fiction it is worth picking up.
Lauren Snyder
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]