Hi Barbara,
Catch a train from Florence to Pistoia. You can get a bus from the square in
Pistoia. Take care as there are two bus stops with Casalguidi listed. You
need the one in the centre of the square, not the one near the shops and the
news stand. We caught the wrong bus and did a lovely drive up into the
mountains, then the bus turned around and took us back to the square and
then to Casalguidi. All very nice scenery but we wasted a morning.

Best to ring the Library before you go as the Librarian who looks after the
museum, only works part-time. Alternatively, ring the council as the Museum
and Library are in the Council building in the main square. They speak some
English. Lots of shops sell the embroidery. They close early afternoon so
try to arrive early in the day. There is also embroidery in the church -
alter cloth etc.

Sorry haven't got time to try to look up numbers, I am off to Sydney now for
2 days.
Hope it is successful for you.

Regards
Annette in freezing Wollongong, Australia

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
Subject: Re: [lace] Finding Casalguidi in Italy

Barbara,

Casalguidi is a small place near Pistoia  which gives
its name to this embroidery.  The map shows Pistoia as being  north-west of
Florence, in Tuscany.