Dear Patty,
Yes I love honeycomb.  (David, are you working on the Toender again?)

Not yet - just had to whack out a Bucks Point bookmark for a woman at my sister's workplace, and was revelling in the honeycomb. Still have a few months left on the petit point portrait I'm doing before getting back to that Toender.

And I am definitely in the halfstitch camp. I love half stitch in Chantilly, where it positively scintillates, since the tilt of each bit of half stitch changes. It's kind of the same effect as Thai silk where the warp and the weft are different colors (sometimes called shot silk?). In Chantilly, you add and remove pairs madly to keep the half stitch consistent, instead of letting it inflate and deflate to cover the available territory.

Gorgeous writing - and I couldn't agree more.

But what could keep happy enough to skip meals is Binche snowflakes! sigh..........

HOWEVER, I have to confess that when I made my Binche doily (the one that looks like it's full of embryos from Syllabus One) the snowflakes drove me crazy. No two were the same and I never did learn or remember anything of that pattern.
David - once again trying to get to bed, but you all keep answering :)