I have a question over people's sewing out habits. I am mostly finished with
Claudine Beuvain's Carton Cle de Sol (musical clef) and have used the tactic
of sewing out from one patch of ground, across my torchon outline and re-sew
in to use the thread in the other type of ground. Is bad technique just to
save thread and the hassle of sewing back through my piece? I thought that as
its behind the piece it shouldn't show too much. Does anyone else use this
approach or is it a better practice to sew out and restart afresh?

Intrigued in soggy Ireland

Rhiannon

=================================
Dear Rhiannon,

It's lacer's choice! If you are happy with the result, go for it! And you have a lot of lace history on your side. One of the classic identification clues between Flemish and Milanese tape lace is that the Flemish lacers worked the ground the way you did and the Italians generally did not.

Patty
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to