I recently read an interesting fictional book which was set in 1966
in the city of Florence when the Arno River flooded & did much
damage to the contents of the old buildings. The book is written by
Robert Hellenga & is titled "The Sixteen Pleasures". I thoroughly
enjoyed reading it. To read some excerpts from the book go to:
http://roberthellenga.com/Individual%20pages/Sixteen%20Pleasures.html

I found this little mention of lace in Chapter 7:
"There is nowhere to hide. Oh, there are plenty of places to
hide physically, but not conveniently. Dottor Postiglione does
not wish to spend the day in the Lace Museum on the fourth
floor, for example. He hasn't the stamina for it. Lace does not
interest him; it is an oppressive business, lace. Not worth the
trouble. It is the product of slave labor and the opposite, there-
fore, of true art. Besides, he has pressing business to attend to."
From page 142 of  "The Sixteen Pleasures" by Robert Hellenga.

The book is referring to the Palazzo Davanzati in Florence, Italy.
When I looked on the internet, this palazzo is indeed a museum
where it "displays a very fine collection of lacework ranging from
the 16th to the 20th centuries" to quote the museum web-site.

I'd like to ask if any lacemakers in Italy whether they have ever
been to this museum & seen any of the lace pieces there?

Warm regards from,
Pene Piip (who has her 50th birthday tomorrow)