I tried to get into the Palazzo Davanzati in Florence several years ago and
got as far as the foyer. It was being reconstructed and had some very far off
date for its reopening, which locals considered to be overly optimistic.
However, it may have opened by now. I think there are some pieces from this
collection pictured in the Anne Kraatz book, Lace, and for some reason I seem
have the name Doretta Davanzo Poli coming up in my mental file in relation to
this collection. Perhaps she wrote about it, or perhaps my memory is playing
tricks on me, since her name is similar to the Palazzo.

Devon