I also made a large block pillow with 11 inch wide blocks, was able to
cut a variety of sizes from full block, half block and then half again,
but all 11 inches wide to suit many projects and be comfortable working
any part of the pattern. I did this after finding my 5 & half inch wide
a little narrow. As I personally have never managed to work well on a
roller pillow this is my best choice for working many kinds of lace
projects, strip work or any square piece up to 10 inch square. The
price of the pillow was about one and half times the cost of the
material which covered the blocks, very very reasonable.
For ideas of pattern combinations for something like Daphne's lovely
tablecloth, look through some of the patterns in many books, (Alexandra
Stillwell's Torchon technique book is a good example) and pick just a
few combinations. I have seen Daphnes patterns and they go from busy to
quite simple open grid but the combined look is fit for any table. Just
a combination of 6 different pattern designs I think. Sue T, Dorset UK
Elizabeth Ligeti wrote:
A lovely tablecloth. Well done.
Large patterns on pillows can be a pain, I know. I tilt my pillow up at the
back,(quite a bit, sometimes) which makes reaching over not quite so bad.
sitting high - ie, on a stool might help. It will make you lean over the
pillow more, but might make reaching the other side easier.
Regards from Liz in Melbourne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]