When this subject came up in the past, someone reported that they made a very large bolster pillow -- a long, wide cylinder -- to work on. I don't remember what she used for the core .. perhaps something like large popcorn canisters or a cardboard tube that flooring material was wrapped on. It was covered with a layer of foam and then fabric.

Hi -

This was me. For the core I used a piece of the 8-inch wide light blue ABS pipe they use for water mains. I don't think it's available in retail stores - I got mine when the people down the street renovated their house. The best thing about the pillow is that I can store things in the core - extra supplies, jackets, lunch ...

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)