Hello, Francis -

I have been using the bamboo double-pointed needles lately, and I believe that
I like them for the same reason that you *don't* like them!  They are not so
slick...  so the loops don't slide easily unless you move them.  This comes in
handy with DP needles - they don't constantly slide off onto your lap!

On the other hand, I've also worked with Brittany needles, and I do like them.
They are very smooth, and a pleasure to knit with.

But - I agree with you...  The Lantern Moon needles are lovely - but quite
expensive.  I haven't treated myself to any of these yet.

Years ago, my DH gave me a set of interchangeable circular needles which
contain sizes 3 - 15 (US).  I loved them at the time, and used them for
everything.  Having taken up knitting again after years away from it, I find
that the metal tips are too slick, and I prefer to work with straight needles,
if possible.  So, I use my set to find my gauge, and then when I am able, I get
a pair of wood needles (or a set of DPs), to finish the project.

Clay

--
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA USA