Leslie
Thank you for your kind words about my torchon bobbin lace.  I call that piece
pink and green consequences.  I think of it like this: You start out life with
an intention of where you want to go and the path to take you there (start
with your pinks and greens in specific places).  But as you live you make
choices at crucial moments, not always recognizing how crucial that particular
moment is at the time.  Each choice you make closes off some pathways,
permanently, but simultaneously opens up other pathways that you never even
knew were there, or never intended to follow.  And you end up in a place very
different from where you started, very different from what you thought you
wanted or intended.  But it may be a blessing in disguise, a blessing you
never knew or imagined was possible.  So in that piece I made up a torchon
design, with the peasant spider motif from Cook & Stott's grounds, but then
threw in color.  And made half stitch where I wanted it, but of course, that
made all the colors go crazy and every which way.  So it is a combination of
advance planning and the random accident of which color was where, when I
started a half stitch section:  the consequences.

About 2 months ago I realized that I've ended up fairly near to where I wanted
to be when I was 7.  But the path has been convoluted and nothing that anybody
would have planned or deliberately followed.  Being a somewhat deeper thinker
than I was at age 7, I value the path.  I wouldn't be me without it.
Lorelei

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to