----- Original Message ----

From: Karen Zammit Manduca <kaza...@melita.com>
,.... I should think a caption would depend on the
age-group you are trying to attract.

Good point... however, in my case it's a new venue and I have no clue as to
whom the gallery addresses with their advertising.  They have a mailing list of
1200 who will get the promotion.  I'm assuming that it's mainly mature adults
but it's possible to get a child of someone on the list.  It's a big guessing
game and gamble on both my part and the gallery.  They are willing to assign
their classroom one night a week for four weeks just to see if there is any
interest.  I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to have supplies on hand,
and reference information.

NEW QUESTION
The beginner teaching book we have used for many years in this area (Torchon
Lace Workbook) is no longer available at a decent price from any source.  I
need a new (easily available) beginner book for new students so they can have a
reference on hand.

What book do you use with, or recommend to, your students?

Thanks,
Alice in Oregon