Brenda wrote:

I have been asked which threads I think lacemakers would most like to
have available.  I know my choices, but they are possibly not yours!
So;

Q1, If all sizes and all colours were available which fibre (silk,
cotton, linen or rayon) would you be most likely to choose for
a, hankie edging - cotton
b, table mat/doiley - probably cotton, as the easiest to launder, or maybe
linen
c, collar - depends what I want to wear it with, cotton or linen or silk (but
never rayon, I can't bear to wear anything like rayon, it feels horrid against
my skin).
d, wall hanging - whatever I found first in the right colour and thickness
e, cushion cover - probably linen as first choice
f, baby dress trimming - cotton (for ease of washing/softness) or maybe silk
for a christening outfit
g, pictorial piece to be framed - no preference (would depend on the piece)
h, scarf - Wool, preferably (I wear scarves for warmth, not beauty!), although
silk/linen/cotton might be nice too

Q2,  If a new range of coloured linen became available would you like
it to be:
a, about 40 wraps/cm - fine enough for point ground
b, about 30 wraps/cm - similar thickness to DMC Special Dentelles 80
(tatting cotton)
c, about 22 wraps/cm - similar to most perle 12
d, about 14 wraps/cm - similar to most perle 8
e, about 11 wraps/cm - similar to most perle 5
f, thicker than any of these
a and b (in that order of preference) - there are plenty of coloured threads
available in the thicker sizes (which I rarely (in the case of c) or never
use), but very little fine, coloured linen (I think Goldschild/Londonderry is
the only one, and I have to get that sent from outside the UK)

That's my two-pennyworth, now to read all the other replies!

Beth
in a sunny, breezy Cheshire spring