Hi Alice and all

I make all my travel pillows with pool noodle as the centre core but I then wrap around it with multiple layers of felt (about 2.5cm or 1" thick) before the final covering of fabric. The felt is thick enough to hold the pins on their own so all the pool noodle does is provide the centre bulk. I am assuming that the cute travel pillow you are talking about does not have the extra felt added. It would be a disaster if it didn't so I understand your frustration.

I suggest that we use a pool noodle, tin can or cardboard tube as a core only and the layer of felt, wool fabric be over pin length deep.

Regards
Jenny Brandis, Kununurra, Western Australia

--
EMAIL: je...@brandis.com.au