A couple of months ago I wrote about the possibility of a new coloured linen thread becoming available.

Well I now have a sample of the finest size which I have measured as 34 wraps/cm - heavy point ground or fine torchon thickness. The only problem is that fine linen is very expensive to produce. I'm told that less than 5% of the crop is good enough for this fine thread and of course it would have to be reflected in the price. Would you be prepared to pay 12-15 Euros, 10-12 GBP, 18-21 USD for a 250 metre spool of fine, coloured, linen thread?

I think the thicker versions will cost less!

Brenda in Allhallows
paternos...@appleshack.com
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/