From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
Brenda Paternoster
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:23 PM
To: Arachne
Subject: [lace] Cost of linen thread

A couple of months ago I wrote about the possibility of a new coloured
linen thread becoming available.

Well I now have a sample of the finest size which I have measured as
34 wraps/cm - heavy point ground or fine torchon thickness.  The only
problem is that fine linen is very expensive to produce.  I'm told
that less than 5% of the crop is good enough for this fine thread and
of course it would have to be reflected in the price.  Would you be
prepared to pay 12-15 Euros, 10-12 GBP, 18-21 USD for a 250 metre
spool of fine, coloured, linen thread?

I think the thicker versions will cost less!

Brenda in Allhallows
paternos...@appleshack.com
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/