I've also had extra charges placed on parcels recently

Usually the vat (understandabe) and a royal mail "handling charge" of around £8
a package ironically the most expensive of £12 was on a box with torn bashed in
sides and bubble wrap poking out of the bottom

Usually it was a very rare occurance that international parcels were even
charged vat, most went through customs unexamined. So it seems with the
recession and various unexplained reasons, they are clamping down on imports as
almost every delivery now come with the dreadedawaiting payment card

NOTE: no trees were killed In the sending of this message, however a
largenumber of electrons were terribly inconvienenced.

*as seen printed on a korean made kitchen knife " please keep out of small
children" something MUST have been lost in translation
* on a japanese food processor " not to be used for the other use" let's just
hope  this other use Isn't related to the above and remember to lock the doors