I am looking for some information about grid terminology as I have received
conflicting info in the past.  The footside measurement seems to be
consistent to me. It is basically ½ of the squares per inch since you are
counting every second dot.  The “straight” measurement is what I have heard
people use differently.  I have heard people refer to the diagonal pin count
as the “straight pin holes per inch” count, and I have heard people refer to
the number of dots along the straight portion (the number which would be
double the footside number) as the “straight pin holes per inch” count.
Before I move forward with a project I am working on I want to get this
ironed out and would appreciate any clarifying comments.    Right now I am
just dealing with simple squares (Torchon) but welcome any advice about
other grids before I branch out.

Kim