Clay Blackwell wrote:
Hi Jacquie and others who have commented on the bamboo yarn...

Rayon and bamboo are made from cellulose, a natural compound found in plant material, which is reacted with acetate to make the fibres for the fabric. I love the feel of yarn made from bamboo cellulose as it is softer and much less shiney than that made from other plant sources. (I have knickers made from bamboo which are very comfortable).

The 'milk' yarn is made from the milk protein casein so is also a semi-natural product, although I think it's production has a lesser effect on the environment than rayon and bamboo yarn.

hth
Lesley
fronm a very wet and windy Marple UK