Hi Susan,

I have used light weight Ultrasuede as a working cloth with a hole cut in the center. It works nicely as it doesn't ravel and so doesn't need to be hemmed, however I did find that it sheds a bit. Perhaps I should have pre-washed it....maybe I'll find it, wash it, and give it another try. As to the "kidney shaped" leather, the elbow patch would not work as a much larger piece is needed. The leather lays under the bobbins and is more of a half circle with a small half circle cut out of the center of the straight edge....making sort of a "U" shape. If you have the Fouriscot Cluny de Brioude book, it is pictured there.

Vicki in Maryland

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Reishus <[email protected]>

Additionally, slipping was mentioned so I am wondering, if synthetic suede such as the high grade of Ultrasuede would work..... I don't think it would shed, as when sewing it, it isn't a problem, and.......

Occasionally stores now sell smaller pieces for decorations and elbow patches,
etc which may be large enough to get your kidney shape from.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to