>From the quality of the photo it's hard to make absolute comments as from
the lack of definition it could even be machine made lace <VBG> so I'll just
talk in general terms.

First I wonder why you think it is Point de Paris as distinct from another
Point Ground type lace?  PdeP is usually a narrow edge/insertion lace rather
than a large shaped piece.  (It was also copied on machines from the 1830s,
another <VBG>)  Do you have the pieces so you can look at the ground with a
magnifying glass to make a proper identification?

To answer your questions,
1) how many bobbins would be needed to make these laces.
How long is a piece of string?  Lots and lots.  Hundreds of pairs probably.

2) how long would it take approximately?
How long would it have taken a professional lacemaker? Or how long would it
take a good lacemaker now?  The two things are vastly different.  Assuming
the former, a long time, but not as long as we think it might take.  Apart
from the fact that they could make lace very much faster than we can, they
didn't keep getting up to make a coffee, answer the phone, let the dog out and
all the other petty interruptions we allow ourselves.  And of course they
would work at it for eight or more hours a day, every day, so long as the
light was good enough.
I always remember Doreen Fudge at the Luton Museum (? I think - it's the
museum not the person that I am unsure about) holding up a fairly ornate
Bedfordshire lace collar and telling us it was a day and a half's work for the
professional lacemakers of the time it was made.

3) which side is the beginning and where does it end? Vertical? Horizontal?
Short end start, work the length of the piece, otherwise the hundreds of
pairs of bobbins would be thousands, even with the smaller piece.  On the
smaller piece, which is the one with a slightly better photo, there looks to be
a slight difference on the right hand end, this could be the finish.  The
end should be easier to find than the start - unless it's machine lace.

If it is yours, could you take a couple of much clearer close-ups for us to
see?

Jacquie in Lincolnshire