Dear Helen,

David Collyer might know or remember - seems like there was (still is?) a
bloke who turned tulipwood bobbins at Sovereign Hill.  I remember going
there on a school trip and buying a bobbin there that had been turned by a
man in the woodworking 'shop' (he had a lathe obviously), and they were sold
I think in the general store.

Yes, that was Graham JOHNSON. I own his very first pair which I love; just pine wood but lovely barleycorn turning which he never did on bobbins again. Graham gave me that pair long before I owned any others.

Sadly Graham developed dementia of rapid onset and died about 4 years ago. It was only last Sunday that I was judging a Senior Star Search with his wife Laurel who remains a dear friend.

David in Ballarat