"Lorelei Halley wrote When I have an edging pattern where the repeats don't fit right on the roller I pad the roller with several layers of wool to make its diameter larger"

When I'm using my roller pillow it is because I'm making a long length. In my opinion it is better to have the pattern a little larger than the roller so that as you go over and over the pattern the pin holes are not always in the same place. If the roller is padded to make the pattern fit snuggly round the roller then the pins are always going in to the same hole. Possibly not a problem with a straw filled roller, but with a foam roller it will break down if a long length is made.

Malvary in Ottawa, Canada where we are forecast to get 5-10cm of snow over night. The skiers will be happy as we lost a lot of snow cover last week.