Hi All,

I am a tad surprised at the 'carping' that has ensued from the Lark Rise lace-making. I also thought I noticed several anomalies, but am content to take the view that the lace-making problems in the Industrial Revolution were well-explained, and that it was a delight to see lace-making actually a main part of the story, rather than just glossed over. We as lacemakers can probably recognise the some of the lace wasn't what it was cracked up to be but, if it gave just one person an interest, and persuaded him/her to take up our lace classes, we should perhaps be pleased, rather than gripe about what seemed wrong with the lacemaking.

Carol - Suffolk UK
'Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day.'