Queenie has been seen making lace a couple of times, very briefly, one time sitting outside her cottage and in the first program mentioned as lacemaker and beekeeper as in the original book.
It is enjoyable and the costumes last night particularly pretty.
A friend of mine, who knows nothing about lacemaking except that I do it sent this to me after the program....
Just a quick late e:mail - hope you were watching Larkrise to Candleford. I thought the scenes containing the lace making were very moving...............

So good for lacemakers and nonmaker and as has been said, fantastic to get bobbin lacemaking spoken about and shown on the television
Sue T, Dorset UK

Larkrise to Candleford is a gentle, enjoyable little drama which flashes past. An hour never seems to go so quickly at any other time! Whilst I have watched
it Queenie has never been depicted as a lacemaker before and most people
watching it wouldn't care or know if it was point ground lace or not, they
would just be fascinated I suspect with what ever Queenie was supposed to be
doing with the funny little sticks! Perhaps we are getting a bit bogged
down between authenticity and drama. Lacemaking was brought to the masses via
a prime time series, now isn't that something to be glad about!

Happy Monday from grey, wet Cornwall, UK.
Sue Eddy.