Hi:

It's just so nice to see lace being used, isn't it. Mila Kunis and Scarlett
Johanson also wore lace dresses. Possibly some others did, but there are good
photos of these dresses on the BBC website at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12593168  I like that they also
have good photos of the accessories.

Melissa Leo's dress is cutwork. Often when I see lace dresses what first pops
into my mind is the title of an imaginary book: "101 Things To Do With An Old
Tablecloth". Maybe it is the fact that it is white that is making this dress
look a little clunky to me, or maybe it's that she seems to be wearing a
totally different dress underneath - some kind of sparkly brown and gold thing.

On the other hand, I thought Mila Kunis's lace dress was very elegant. Scarlett
Johanson's was more bold than is my taste, but when you want to make a splash
on the red carpet, I suppose bold is what you want.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)