I've photocopied and laser printed patterns going back over 20 years (some
photocopied from my books to make prickings or some which were bought as
photocopies from the designer) which I've always stored in archive plastic
pockets.  However, many of the older ones and some of the more recent ones
have attached themselves to the plastic pocket, even though I bought high
quality archive ones.

When you then take the pricking out, the printing is sticky and causes
problems when you try to prick through it.  I take a new photocopy of the
pricking but if you keep photocopying it can distort the pricking and
depending on the quality of the original I've had issues where straight lines
aren't so straight.

I've also found that ink jet printers can be a bit splogy for want of a better
word and that the pricking holes can come out a bit larger than you might
want.

however, compared to the other option - tracing the pattern and then trying to
transfer it I'll go for a photocopier!

Kind Regards

Liz Baker

thelace...@btinternet.com

My chronicle of my bobbins can be found at my website:
http://thelacebee.weebly.com/