> However, if the price of the item was based on it being hand-made, and
> it wasn't, for sure I would make a fuss :)

I agree. Some people will still think it must be hand-made because the label
says so, but some people will think anything.

Years ago I saw a beautiful wool sweater that was labelled "Hand-Knit in
Wales". Now, I've worked a knitting machine and I know the difference it makes
to the way a piece of knitting feels when compared with the same yarn knit by
hand. So I turned to the saleswoman and said "Hand-knit?" with raised eyebrows.
She immediately pointed out that although it *was* machine-knit, it was *also*
hand-knit because a human hand had worked the knitting machine. I'm still
wrapping my brain around that one.

The sweater was priced at the level of a beautiful piece of machine knitting,
which it was, so I bought it happily. I still have it, and even though it's way
out of style it's still a prized possession.

I see the first Chinese knockoff of The Dress has not only been made, but been
worn by a bride at her wedding. The lace on the knockoff cost $1 a yard -
motifs *not* cut out, carefully placed, and finely stitched, I think.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)