Hello All!  My favorite pricker has a wood handle & a metal screw-type end with
adjustable/removeable needle.  The "cover" is one of those "plastic" wine
bottle corks rather than the real deal.  It stays on beautifully & the whole
thing fits inside a zippered pencil box with other tools (#14 crochet hook,
Luneville hook, pencil, paper scissors etc).  Every time I use it, I remember
the lace event where I received it in New York.  There was a winery nearby &
they donated a bag of "corks" for the occasion.  So drink up ladies--for
medicinal & lacemaking purposes only!!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA
between thunderstorms yet again