Hi Arachnids

What a great idea, using syringe needle protectors.

For slim objects such as crochet hooks and needlepins with gently sloping
shoulders I use a piece of a suitably sized drinking straw. I push it up as
far as it will go, then allow another half inch before cutting off the
remainder.

For prickers with a small brass chuck I use erasers that are made to be pushed
onto the back end of a pencil and if the pricker or tambour hook has a screw
in the side I cut a notch so that the open end of the eraser fits round it.
Push the implement straight into the solid part of the eraser and check that
the solid part of the eraser is sufficiently long so that the point does not
go right through. Take care to push the implement straight in so that it does
not come through the side of the eraser, if your pricker goes right through it
is probably too long anyway.

Take care everyone and if you have an accident with a tambour hook do not try
to remove it yourself, you need to seek help from a medical expert.

Happy lacemking

Alex