Hi Joepie

When I was there eight years ago for my daughter's wedding the only lace I saw
was the garter I'd made for her.  Although the tourist areas were affluent
enough and the hotels well stocked with food there were shortages of just about
everything.  ie the hotel's hairdresser didn't have any hairspray, we had to
provide our own!

True, we only saw Varedero and went through Havanna for the transfers from and
to the airport, but I don't think there is a tradition of lacemaking there.  I
don't know how much it has changed since 2003.  See
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/weddings/cuba/cuba.html
and
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/weddings/lucywedding/lucywed.html#garter

Brenda

> Does anyone know of lace venues/shops/groups/musea in Cuba, please? We hope to
> be visiting there shortly, but are unable to find any information on this
> subject. Also, if there are lace makers there are there any shortages of
> materials for lace making?

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk