I think Kathy Kirchner has a "Friendship Pillow".  I remember seeing one in
her catalog many years ago called a "Gossip Pillow."


Diane Williams
[email protected] 
Galena Illinois USA 
My blog -
http://dianelaces.wordpress.com/

From: Catherine Barley
<[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, August 26,
2011 2:08 AM
Subject: [lace] unusual lace pillows

Dear lacemakers

I am
trying to track down photographs/information about two unuaual lace
pillows
and wonder if any of you can help?  In the English magazine  'Lace'
Issue 87
pages 20/21 there was an article about a Princess Lace Loom by a lady
living
in Arizona named Charlene Spellman.  Does anyone know if she still has
the
pillow or an email address where she can be contacted?

The other pillow I am
interested in is one that I recall seeing at an IOLI
Convention when I was
teaching many years ago, and if my memory serves me
correctly, I think it was
Denver.  It was call a 'Friendship Pillow' and was a
huge pillow (circular I
believe, but could have been square) with four rollers
north, south, east and
west, enabling four lacemakers to work at the same
pillow at the same time,
hence the name 'Friendship Pillow'.  I believe I may
have a photograph
somewhere but I'm not sure and this would have been some
twenty or more years
ago.  Someone out there must recalll having seen it too
and any information as
to it's owner would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation
Catherine Barley
Henley-on-Thanes, UK.
[email protected]

-
To
unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003

Reply via email to