Jean Nathan wrote:

<the asking price and selling price are two totally different things.>

So too are Amazon and Ebay!  Amazon is the asking price and ebay is whatever
someone is prepared to bid for a book and one could pick up a book for a very
low cost - it is an 'auction' site!

These prices on Amazon are absolutely ridiculous prices and more fool anyone
who pays them.  Just bide your time and I'm sure you'll pick up a second-hand
copy at a reasonable price but you may have to wait a while.  I just posted on
arachne this morning 4 copies of my book at what I consider to be a very
reasonable price.  As the author who received pennies per copy in royalties
for all the work I put in do you honestly think it pleases me to see these
high prices - I'm appalled!

Catherine Barley
UK