<<Just bide your time and I'm sure you'll pick up a  second-hand
copy at a reasonable price but you may have to wait a  while.>>

I decided about a decade ago that I would like to own Roberta Morgan's
translation of Mme. Despierres work about Alencon. I had read a library
version,  but wanted my own copy. At the time there were no copies available on
Alibris,  which is Amazon's second hand branch. I guess I must have gotten some
kind  of message to the effect that they would let me know when a copy was
available.  Imagine my surprise when about 8 years after placing the initial
request, I was  notified by Alibris that there was a copy available!
Frankly, I had sort of  moved on with my life since placing the request.
However,
the book was not that  expensive, and I still wanted it, so I bought it.. I
was glad I hadn't changed  my email address in 8 years.

Devon