A bit late chiming in but I know a few authors who have used lulu.com as far as
I know their print on demand is possible in colour you submit a PDF and choose
from multiple formats. The return if I remember correctly is quite good too

Of the two people I know who have used it, one who writes highly specialized
texts that sell very few still doesn't loose money
 And the other, Mick mercer sells a fair bit all over the world and makes a
modest but tidy sum