Darling Daughter, Helen Bell, worked a copy of Vermeer's Lacemaker for me
many years ago, in Tapestry.  I think I bought the canvas, and she certainly
did all the stitching.
It holds pride of place in my home.

One day, as she watched me lacemaking, she said "Oh!. She is putting up a
pin."  "Who is?"  I asked.  " Vermeer's Lacemaker" was the reply. "She is
holding her hands exactly like you do when you put up a pin!"

So there you have it - The Lacemaker is putting up a pin for eternity!!

I would Love to see the original painting.  Lucky you to get there to see
the exhibition,  Louise.    If you get there again - look twice, please -
once for you, and once for me!!!!!  :)

Regards from Liz in sunny, warm, Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com