In a message from Sheila Brown she comments  that Lace from the Cluny Lace
Co. , Ilkeston, Derbys was used in Catherine's wedding dress.  Several
articles about the dress say the lace was made in France!  Its very
confusing to my one brain cell to know exactly what the dress was made of!!
When I paid a very quick trip to the UK in September last year I was lucky
enough to see the exhibition at Buckingham Palace, (dress, shoes, veil,
copies of the jewellery and flowers and the magnificent wedding cake, and
thought it was all just wonderful.  Perhaps different laces were used in
different parts of the outfit and that might explain the confusion!!

Sue Fink,

Masterton,

New Zealand