Being very much American and having taught our form of primary grammar, using
our grammatical rules I say  LAY sis.  However, I have several friends who
insist it is pronounced  luh CEASE.  That is more like the French way except
they don't drop the last S.

In our basic rules, a vowel has a long sound if followed by one consonant and
another vowel.  That other vowel does not have to be an E.  The E is most
common at the end of a word but in the middle any vowel functions the same.  On
the other hand, proper names of things can be spelled and pronounced in ways
that are contrary to normal grammatical rules.

I have never been to the LACIS store and don't know how they pronounce their
store name.

Alice in Oregon -- where my new kitchen and bathroom are done except two door
handles and final inspection.  Now comes the chore of unpacking, sorting, and
putting everything back in it's new place.  PS... got new dining room carpet
and a new computer table also.