Hello All!  Thank you Brenda for posting about the "shoe making" classes.  What
a great idea AND theoretically you would get a pair that fit!  My size (6.5
slim) is practically non-existant any more as all the companies rush to make
wide sizes.  None of the "hand made" shoe sites offered widths, so they are
clearly making medium or wider that won't fit me.  It is one of the reasons
that I have considered buying painted needlepoint canvas & having shoes
professionally made to fit.  Pricey to be sure, but in the end no more
expensive than a pair of "designer" shoes that don't fit!  In the meantime,
there is a shop in Juno Beach that makes sandals & I will check next week to
see if they make shoes as well.  One of my ANG (American Needlepoint Guild)
friends has used them & was satisfied.  They advertise that they will convert a
designer handbag into a pair of sandals.  Presumably there is a market to
recycle!  Today I attended the Palm Beach Fine Craft Show in West Palm Beach w!
 here there was a gal (Nina Gelardi) who makes custom sandals.  Surely with all
this buzz about shoe making, we will find a source for making some in lace.
The LOKK pattern for making cord using lacemaking techniques intrigued me &
finally I got a chance to give it a try yesterday.  OMG--what fun!!  For those
of us who have other passions in addition to lace, this is a fab technique to
make a cord for a special pendant:  wire lace, beaded lace, beads only etc.
etc.  I was humming along nicely until one of my glittery needlepoint threads
snapped--rats!  I'm using a combination of Oliver Twist embellishment threads,
various Rainbow Gallery metallics (the culprit) & various weights of cotton for
the passives, plus OT variegated machine thread for the weaver.  I wish I could
thank the person who designed & posted the creation but there is no attribution
on the LOKK site.  Hope to make repairs & restart shortly.  Sincerely, Susan
Hottle, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA