Hi Alice and Arachnids,

Had not really thought about doing a jigsaw on the computer, thoroughly enjoyed doing your jigsaw; but........... it stopped me doing my lace! It is also nice to see your photograph. By the way, there is a picture at the top right of the jigsaw when you click on the little square symbol there.

The Seven Sisters Lace Society also has a 2nd hand sales table on their annual special Lace Day (Seaford, East Sussex, 13th May, 2012) as well as a lace competition -The Olympics this year, what else?-. The sales table carries lace surplus from any lace-maker, marked with the price that lace-maker wants for it. The society retains 25% of all items sold for club funds to keep the fees down so it benefits everyone to some extent.

Happy lace making,

Joepie, East Sussex, UK

Tonight I was taking a break from other things and working some jigsaw puzzles on the computer. I was on the webpage of The Jigsaw Puzzles and clicked on the catagory of Homemade. A couple rows down the page was a picture called "Bobbin lace". I couldn't resist, so chose it. The picture on the page was very tiny so hard to see details. As I worked it, I noticed the workcloth was familiar. Yes... It was ME!

You can see me making lace at the state fair on http://thejigsawpuzzles.com/Handmade/Bobbin-Lace-jigsaw-puzzle?

I have no idea who took the picture. Lots of people take pictures at state fair demos. It must have been last year since that's the only year I worked Bucks Point lace recently.

On another subject, our regional lace group has started having a spring event call Spring Housecleaning Swap Day. We gather to make lace and trade or give away the excess lace supplies we no longer need. it's just a good excuse to spend the whole day having fun. And a good chance for beginners to pick up some thread, tools, or books.. and sometimes even a pillow.

Alice in Oregon ...