I've solved the problem I had with selecting items in Lace8 for designs done in Lace R-XP.

Don't know what was going on with not selecting the dots, but that's all OK now and they're being selected each time I ask. The problem with other items was because the squares that show an item has been selected aren't all the same size for all drawing tools in this new version.

Because of they're smaller size than before for a straight gimp, when I tried selecting a straight gimp, the selecting squares (black) were hidden by the dots (black). Same with curved gimp. The solution was to change the colour of the dots to a lighter shade than back so I can see them. Select all the dots - choose dot drawing tool, right click anywhere in the design window and Select all Current Type, right click in the design area and Select all Current Type again and change the colour of the dots to something lighter than black. I either change the colour of the background dots, or switch them off.

I found the one drawing tool with the biggest problem was the tally - the selecting square outlined the tally symbol exactly, so if the tally was dark it didn't look as if it had been selected.

Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK