On 10/13/2012 2:24 PM, C. Johnson wrote: " A much smaller scale. I think the real problem is that we don't lose any of the photos, so everyone should retrieve their folders to their hard drive so when new space is found, you can again upload your folder of photos."

........

I have attempted to download my own pictures from Webshots, and it wasn't possible to do that. However, you can download your pictures from Smile.

I have found a program that will download the entire arachne2003 library. Assuming some people also put videos on their Webshots page, Webshots (Smile) has said it could take up to 48 hours to download! However, it will be in the Webshots photo format, WBZ, which would have to be converted. There is a program for that too, but I am reluctant to put all of this on my laptop until we know more about where we eventually want it to be. As time gets shorter, I may have to do it just to save things. I suppose I can store it all on a back-up drive I have, rather than have it filling up my hard drive!! However, the good news is that it appears that the batch download and conversion do bring along some of the information attached to each file.

However, the other good news is that on one of the Smile forums I found, it was mentioned that for people who really liked the way Webshots worked, Flickr is a good alternative.

So...  we may be making progress.

Clay

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent

Reply via email to