Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 13:16:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: dmt11h...@aol.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Lace making and blindness

When and where did lacemakers work 14 hours a day and what is  your source
for that?

Devon

Hi Arachnids

Valerie Harris, who wrote the book The Lavendon Collection of Bobbin Lace
Patterns, told me about her two aunts whe were commmissioned to make a piece
of lace for a Royal occasion. The lace was worked continually 24 hours a day
get it finished in time, averaging 12 hours per day each. It is not a stretch
of the imagination to take this to 14 hours per day if you need the money to
live and you are an elderly person in a family without many other duties.

I love my lacemaking but 14 hours a day might become too much.

Keep lacemaking

alex