Dear Devon and All,
all I read in German and partly English written books and articles the question
of becoming blind by doing bobbin lace wasn't there so important as it is now
on our list. There are meanings that it happened but there are other who deny
this.
Here in Germany a lot of people have the meaning that most lacemakers from
former time had become blind but I remember a few persons who said this isn't
true.
I knew some people who used such a lacemaker lamp and told me that this lamp
give a lot of light.
This is again a question we will not get a 100% sure answer. A few of us
mentioned that from doing bobbin lace eyes didn't become blind which my
ophthalmologist confirm but if we don't sit in a correct position and if we
stare during working our eyes and muscles suffer. And when this situation
happens day for day we will damage our body partly.
Hoping all arachneans living in the part of the world where this storm is doing
its damages are sure.
I must switch off my radio set because I see New York before my eyes and
knowing Devon lives nearby makes me worried.
I wish all of you all the best.

Ilske