Hi Noelene -

I have not used this particular tool, but have used a dowel which was cut in 
half lengthwise, then sanded, stained and finshed. and a hole drilled in each 
end.  When working some of the Belgian laces, the bobbins are not hung in 
pairs, but rather in batches of single bobbins which are all secured to the 
pillow at the same time with a sturdy pin and a clever flip of the wrist which 
ties the threads to the shaft of the pin.   It is helpful to fan the bobbins 
out and then place the dowel, flat side down, over the threads and pin at each 
end.  The result is that your threads don't climb up each time you lift the 
bobbins!  It makes it much easier to get started.  I suspect that the accessory 
you saw has holes large enough to accommodate the pins, and a Nieves the same 
purpose.  And "Lace Bridge" would be a good translation, I think

Clay


On the langendorfkloeppel site, I have spotted a bobbin lace accessory
called a "Fadenbrucke" which my Google Translate can't cope with, and which
is described as "an indispensable help for the beginning of lace with open
threads".

It looks like a needle with an eye at both ends - there are two sizes, one
30cm and the other 50 cm long.

My German dictionary translates this as "thread bridge".    

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to