Dear Noelene,
Good point, but since I do know what the wooden bridge does, having used it, and since the description is exactly the same, I suspect it has the same purpose. Also, the translation for part of the description for the wooden one is, "the refined variant." Maybe the curve helps to put pressure on the lace threads in the middle? The needle eyes would be the same as holes for pinning? Or maybe it holds down the bobbins instead of the threads? But clearly, from the text, the purpose is the same. The difference in lengths does not, however, translate into bigger or smaller, just a different shape for the same purpose. lrb

Noelene wrote:
Thanks for all the prompt replies, but the item I saw on the website is not
the wooden bridge to secure threads flat on the pillow.  As I mentioned, it
is a 50 or 30cm long needle-like gadget, with an eye each end.  It is the
two items above the wooden gadget on the langendorfkloeppel website.

The wooden gadget is also described on the site as a "Fadenbrucke" but it
seems to me this needle-like gadget is something different.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to