Who saw The Antiques roadshow tonight?  A man had brought along his copy, a
work in progress, of the B. tapestry.  He saw little pieces of copies at a
reinactment event years ago and decided he could do it, too.  So, he bought
the cloth, started drawing the design and sewed it in the two stitches he
knows.  It is, if I remember correctly, about 40 feet long and has been 17
years in the making but only 14 of serious effort.  He spends a couple of
hours every evening on it.


It looked most impressive for a skilled sewer to have produced but clearly
sewing wasn't a main interest of his till he started this project.


For those who manage to see these programmes outside Britain it is in the
second programme from the Royal Dockyards at Chatham in Kent.


This isn't lace, I know, but is textile and I know from previous discussions
that many people are interested in the Tapestry.


Patricia in Wales

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to